Can almost taste it
We had our final documentation flurry yesterday at the doctors office and the US Embassy and we are DONE!!!!
But we cannot get a flight out of here till Saturday which would put us back home Sunday.
Apparently there are others who want to leave here also.
Oh well, I just decided to except it and have fun. This is an amazing city. I would actually want to come back here for a week in the summer. But not for a very very long time.
Our other friends left today and we so wanted to go with them but.
Roman came by and we took the kids to the Kyiv zoo. They had a blast. The zoo was pretty nice. They had everything you could think of. From the manditory monkey cages to a Tiger which was pretty upset about something. He / she, couldn't tell, was making a weird howling noise. Lions, rhino. etc... They are now exhausted. Our plan worked.
Forgot to mention. Yesterday Judy put the kids to bet at 5 pm which worried us because we thought they would wake up at 7 or so and would never get back to sleep. But those little rascals slept 15 total hours straight. Woke up at 8 the next morning. Thanks you sleeping angels.
Tomorrow we are taking them to a movie. Some cartoon or something with popcorn and everything. We are so used to Ukraine tv that we just may understand it all.
I actually am picking up the alphabet pretty well. Cyrilic language has many weird characters. A 'p' is an 'r' an 'h' is an 'n' and so on. I can pronounce most words but have no idea what they mean. Not much help to me I know.
Things are more expensive here than where we were but I'll take it anyday.
It was Judy's birthday yesterday. Two years exactly to the day when we started this whole thing.
We truly want to say a special thanks to Alex, Roman and Igor who got us this far while in the Ukraine. They have all been nothing short of amazing.
For any of you thinking of adopting here please drop me a comment and ask for my email address. Alex has given me permission to mention his website and telephone number for any who are interested. I highly recommend him and his team. It was blatently obvious that these guys have a tremendous amout of pull here. Bottom line these guys GET THE JOB DONE, I can't tell you how many couples we saw waiting and waiting for even a single appointment with the NAC. All the couples that worked with him that we knew all got appointments and more importantly all got healthy children. The Embassy interviewer was amazed at our children. He said it is usually 1 in 5 that come out in perfect health. That was Alex's work.
A guy at the US Embassy who interviewed us told us that there was another disturbing story that they just heard about regarding a ukraine child and a psycho parent. I won't say what it was but it will not make American adoptions here any easier. I hope that won't be the case but you never know with this place.
Cliff
But we cannot get a flight out of here till Saturday which would put us back home Sunday.
Apparently there are others who want to leave here also.
Oh well, I just decided to except it and have fun. This is an amazing city. I would actually want to come back here for a week in the summer. But not for a very very long time.
Our other friends left today and we so wanted to go with them but.
Roman came by and we took the kids to the Kyiv zoo. They had a blast. The zoo was pretty nice. They had everything you could think of. From the manditory monkey cages to a Tiger which was pretty upset about something. He / she, couldn't tell, was making a weird howling noise. Lions, rhino. etc... They are now exhausted. Our plan worked.
Forgot to mention. Yesterday Judy put the kids to bet at 5 pm which worried us because we thought they would wake up at 7 or so and would never get back to sleep. But those little rascals slept 15 total hours straight. Woke up at 8 the next morning. Thanks you sleeping angels.
Tomorrow we are taking them to a movie. Some cartoon or something with popcorn and everything. We are so used to Ukraine tv that we just may understand it all.
I actually am picking up the alphabet pretty well. Cyrilic language has many weird characters. A 'p' is an 'r' an 'h' is an 'n' and so on. I can pronounce most words but have no idea what they mean. Not much help to me I know.
Things are more expensive here than where we were but I'll take it anyday.
It was Judy's birthday yesterday. Two years exactly to the day when we started this whole thing.
We truly want to say a special thanks to Alex, Roman and Igor who got us this far while in the Ukraine. They have all been nothing short of amazing.
For any of you thinking of adopting here please drop me a comment and ask for my email address. Alex has given me permission to mention his website and telephone number for any who are interested. I highly recommend him and his team. It was blatently obvious that these guys have a tremendous amout of pull here. Bottom line these guys GET THE JOB DONE, I can't tell you how many couples we saw waiting and waiting for even a single appointment with the NAC. All the couples that worked with him that we knew all got appointments and more importantly all got healthy children. The Embassy interviewer was amazed at our children. He said it is usually 1 in 5 that come out in perfect health. That was Alex's work.
A guy at the US Embassy who interviewed us told us that there was another disturbing story that they just heard about regarding a ukraine child and a psycho parent. I won't say what it was but it will not make American adoptions here any easier. I hope that won't be the case but you never know with this place.
Cliff

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home